Gospel Thoughts

Thoughts from my gospel doctrine class at the Cascade First Ward of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. Also, general gospel thoughts not related to any particular lesson. Subject to revision at any time.

Name:
Location: Orem, Utah, United States

Monday, February 01, 2010

How Premortal Spirits See Birth Control

ELDERS CLASS EXPERIENCE ABOUT CHILDREN

Soon after I received the Melchizedek priesthood in the Madison First Ward, I was in an Elders quorum class one Sunday.

The discussion turned to how many children a family should have. The consensus seemed to be turning toward limiting children per family.

The Spirit seemed to take hold of me, and use my voice. I said, "I would like the brethren here to imagine they are in the pre-existence, begging and pleading with Heavenly Father to be born into an LDS family."

It seemed that when I said "I", it wasn't me. It was I the Holy Ghost. For a number of seconds, the room was so quiet, you could have heard a pin drop.

That was one of my early strong experiences with the Holy Ghost. I have since thought about what I said. Those who lose the choice birth into an LDS family, must fight 1-500 odds against joining the Church in mortal life.

It probably means those who are born into LDS families in America in the last days, are among the very few who are most valiant in the pre-existence.

However, I've had a nagging feeling that I was confident enough in the pre-existence that I thought I would recognize the gospel. My brothers and sisters and I made an agreement. We would be born outside of the Church, and give up our positions in LDS families to someone else. I would find the Church, probably with the help of friends on the other side (our children?) and bring the rest of them into it. We will have to wait until the spirit world, to find out if my feeling is right, and if so, find who took our positions.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home