Gospel Thoughts

Thoughts from my gospel doctrine class at the Cascade First Ward of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. Also, general gospel thoughts not related to any particular lesson. Subject to revision at any time.

Name:
Location: Orem, Utah, United States

Monday, February 01, 2010

My First Priesthood Healing (General Post)

MY FIRST PRIESTHOOD HEALING

Not long after I received the Melchizedek priesthood about 1964, I was asked one Sunday to assist with a priesthood blessing for a brother in the ward. I don't remember his name anymore.

He was to receive a knee surgery operation to repair his knee, similar to what football players often have. The surgery is very painful. The person usually is crippled and on painkillers for a couple weeks.

We went to a classroom in the chapel (I think) on Tuesday evening. His surgery was scheduled for Wednesday morning.

Another brother anointed him. I then pronounced the blessing. I felt the presence of two angels on the far side of the room, against the wall. I felt inspired to tell him that angels were in the room. They would help with the operation.

The next Sunday morning at sacrament meeting (we were on schedule B, with that meeting first), I asked his wife how he was doing. She said he was fine. He only had one shot of painkiller, right after the operation. He had come home, sooner after the operation than nornal.

He was there at Sunday school, on crutches. He was indeed doing well, and didn't need any more painkillers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home